Who doesn’t love an easy, delicious, hearth healthy breakfast when on the road? Our breakfast oats and berries recipe is one that you can whip together in under 20 minutes, allowing you more time to explore and less time stuck inside your RV kitchen. Today we’re detailing this fiber rich meal with the one and only Jan D’Atri. Enjoy the full details and video below.
This recipe is part of La Mesa RV’s YouTube cooking series: Get Cookin’ RV Style. Each road recipe in this series has a short cooking video hosted by an engaging guest chef, who gives you a deeper look at how to make the recipe. Be sure to subscribe to both our Experience Life blog and our YouTube channel for notifications when each new recipe is released.
Disclaimer: La Mesa RV has no connection to any of the companies, brands or products listed in this recipe, blog post and video, and does not receive any financial consideration from the companies, brands, and products mentioned. No endorsement of La Mesa RV by the companies, brands and products mentioned should be assumed.
RECIPE: Breakfast Oats & Berries
Ingredients for One Bowl (1 serving):
– 7/8 cup Water
– ½ cup Rolled Oats
– ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
– 1 Tbsp Chia Seed
– 2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal
– 2 Tbsp Almond Butter (preferably no salt added and crunchy)
– ¼ cup Defrosted, Frozen Wild Blueberries (preferably organic)
– ¼ cup Defrosted, Frozen Raspberries (preferably organic)
– 12 Fresh Blackberries (about 3 oz.)
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the oats to the boiling water and turn the heat down to low. Stir the oats with a spoon.
- Add the ground cinnamon.
- Stir in the chia seed and incorporate everything.
- Cook the oat mixture on low until most of the moisture has cooked off and the consistency is the way you like it…about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the flaxseed meal.
- Spoon the oat mixture into a cereal bowl.
- Drop 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons of almond butter on top of the oats.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of defrosted, frozen wild blueberries over the top of the oats.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of defrosted, frozen raspberries over the top of the oats.
- Drop 12 fresh blackberries (about 3 ounces) on top of the oats.
Start-to-Finish Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Tools Needed:
- Small saucepan
- Cooking spoon
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring cup set
- Measuring spoon set
- Cereal bowl and dining spoon (for serving/eating)
- Small containers to hold defrosted, frozen berries
- Small hand strainer (to rinse blackberries)